The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Let them eat cake

I was asked to make a big cake for our Relief Society Birthday party this month.
I had a grand idea to order some edible images of past Relief Society Presidents and put them on the cake. It was going to be stacked and I was going to frost it ivory and place the sephia colored 3X2 images around the sides. Well, my order didn't come in time...in fact they aren't here yet and it is almost a week later. Oh well, this is plan B. I didn't get to eat any of it, but I was told it was good. That is the bad thing about decorating cakes, I never get to eat them.
I used the left over cake and frosting to make this cake with Adam. He chose these basketball guys to put on the cake for his birthday party in June. Well, of course we had to try them out. He was so proud and excited to show Noah when he got home from school. He could hardly wait to eat it as well.

3 comments:

Aubrey A said...

Plan "A" sounded beautiful!! I hate it when things don't work out like you plan. On the up side though, your Plan "B" cake looked wonderful and you got a second fun basketball cake for your boys!
Oh, and we could totally design something in your house around yogurt and hamburgers! Oh the endless possibilities!! :)

Harding Family said...

Maybe I should start decorating cakes then so I would eat them less! You are so talented Hides, I love all your creations!

superhey said...

It still looks beautiful and I'm sure all the ladies "oohed and ahhed" over it too. I am fuming for you about the photos. Did you call them and yell and send a strongly worded letter to the CEO? You should definatly get your money back if they still aren't there. You're definatly past the 2-4 weeks. See me going on about it. I just hate it when your best ideas go to waste. The basketball is fun! Adam is so cute.