The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

First things first

This week was filled with a lot of firsts that are worthy enough to mention. 

My adorably sweet baby, Faith, slept through the night. She is 8 weeks tomorrow. She is such a rock star baby. 


Josh is at the stage where he just wants to drink all the time. This week he decided that he loves chocolate milk. I had to invest in some Hershey's syrup in order to make him happy. This is noteworthy because none of my other kids drank milk of the chocolate persuasion. 



Seth is having a hard time lately laying off the video games. It has required some adult intervention. I am creating a mandatory cooking class for him. So far, every Tuesday because that's what day it is today. We made Dutch soft pretzels. I thought I'd have to drag him kicking and screaming into the kitchen, but after he finished his level he came willingly. See the issue we have here?


Folding the pretzel shapes


Brushing with egg


Eating the finished product! Yummy!

Adam took on the task of mowing the lawn. He's only 8, and it seemed like a very hard job for him, but he did well.



He even found time to be funny. That's just his style:)

Noah has always struggled with reading. He can do it, and he's really quite good at it, but unfortunately he follows after the likes of his mother and doesn't enjoy it very much. He finally found a book that he enjoys, and has consistently been reading every day without having to pull any hair out or bribing or reading to him. Hopefully when he's finished it, not if, we can find another one he can enjoy.


Me, I've started running again. I can only stand to be the chubby wife for so long before I have to take action. Everyone says I've got a good excuse with the baby and all, but why would I use it? I'd rather lose it.

(Sorry no photo available)

Then there is Ben. You better ask him. He's not around enough for me to know if he's tried something new this week.

1 comment:

Aubrey A said...

Wow! Love all these firsts! Good job everybody!!! :) Faith is getting so big!! What a cute little girl.