The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The first snow...2008

It is currently October 12, 2008 and we were expecting a light dusting of snow in the mountains, but we got a few inches in our yard. The boys come into my room this morning talking over each other about the snow they were so excited. We had to pull out the bin with all the warm winter clothes and stuff the kids into them because they were too small, but ok for today. Last year Adam hated the snow, but this year not so. They were so elated to spend time in the white playground. I was not so elated to realize that the cold weather is upon us...whoa-is-me.

5 comments:

Aubrey A said...

Wow! You guys got a lot! Just traces for us, but the boys were just as excited as yours!! I'm not ready for the snow, but ready for cooler weather! :)

Rachel said...

You're so good to let your kids go out an play in it. I say "no" because I know I'll have to clean up all the water they bring back in the house with them.

The Showalters said...

My kids too. You would have thought it was Christmas morning around here! Friday was fun, thank you !!!

Harding Family said...

Wilson has had to wear his snowboots for the last 3 days because he has been so excited for the snow. Anytime he sees any trace of snow on the ground he says, "Mom, look at all that snow!" I am with you though, I could do without it. I would just be happy with a moving scene of snow outside my window, but never have to go outside in it. Your boys are super cute!

Rhonda said...

Heidi, your blog is the bomb. What is your e-mail address so I can put you on my flipping list that I have to do now. I need someone like you to comment on my boring life.