The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A new realization...

So, for the last 4 to 5 years Ben hasn't been around much. Anyone who knows me at all knows this. . . Perhaps I am slow, or naive but I was hoping that when Ben quite his job and his 2nd job and his 3rd job that I would have some more time with him. I thought his new job would give him a more stable schedule. I got 1 1/2 glorious weeks with him and we spent a lot of time having fun! Then the bomb dropped. He was called to be YM president (Sunday and Tuesday nights plus weekly pres. meetings), and started school (which includes study groups 1 or 2 nights a week), his job (includes weekly and monthly board meetings). Now I think we see him less then before. I hate to say it but I don't think Ben needs us to survive. I am optimistic that maybe he will need us in 2 years. That is my realization for the day.

3 comments:

Carina said...

I'm there with ya babe! (Work, Scouts, climbing, gym, side work)I sometimes feel like Andy would rather do things for himself than with us or even better with me! I guess as long as everything is held down at home there is nothing for them to come home too.

Aubrey A said...

Welcome to my world! It's fun isn't it!! The only thing you have that I don't is Aaron with a calling. But I'd take a calling any day over the traveling that Aaron does. :) Things will ease up, or maybe you'll just get use to the not being there, I'm still not sure which one worked for me, but it eventually gets better. Keep your chin up!

April and Jared Fenn said...

You're awesome. I honestly don't know how you do it. I would and have killed Jared for not being home so much. I'm afraid to say that I need Jared to survive. You are a very strong lady and I love ya!