The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Sunday, July 25, 2010

yellowstone is not just for the children

We camped in Island Park this past week and spent some time at  Quake Lake, Yellowstone, and Lewis and Clark Caverns. It was our first family campout with out my parents. It ran rather smoothly. In fact we (my sisters and I) commented a few times as the week went on about how proud we were of ourselves for pulling it off without our parents. As much as we all wanted them to be there, we felt a little more grown up for a few days. Lewis and Clark Caverns was just about the coolest thing I have done in my whole life, despite a truly lame tour guide, but alas I didn't have a camera. I will post some shots later when I can get some from Joey. Otherwise, it was a very wildlife and hot pot filled week.



3 comments:

Aubrey A said...

Awww, looks like fun. Next year I think we'll have to put Yellowstone on our list of vacation spots. We've never been & it looks wonderful. :)

April and Jared Fenn said...

awesome! Glad you guys had a fun time. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Yellowstone. :)

superhey said...

I'll get those pics on Facebook ASAP! You're awesome to have them on your blog already...I better get my butt in gear. I have been spending the whole day staring at the mess and sighing...sigh! Well worth it, good times!