The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Friday, August 8, 2014

Always wear your seatbelt

I hope that others have this same problem as I do. I spend quite a bit of time planning, prepping, and preparing a nice meal for my family with a dream that it will be a calm and enjoyable experience. It ends up that no one wants to sit down, eat the food, or be nice to mom for all the love and effort she put into it. Okay, I'm a big girl and I can take the criticism like this looks gross, I don't like_______, etc., but it's having to tell my kids who are 3, 5, and 9 to SIT DOWN 10 million times that drives me completely insane. It's no wonder they are hungry 10 minutes later. No sooner than we have cleaned up dinner someone is asking me for a snack. WHAT??? You want a SNACK???  You've gotta be kidding me? All you have to do is hold still for 10 minutes, nix the complaining and shove some food in your mouth. Then I will be perfectly happy to let you go about your crazy little active life. It's exhausting.

I think I found a way to solve the problem...tie down seat belts.



Child cruelty? I think not. It's a small mom victory.
 

1 comment:

Megan said...

Heidi, there are no words for how much I love this. You are a genius.