The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Camping with the Johnson, Hepworth, Piggott, Horsley, Coyle, Stout Family

For our yearly family camping trip we went up Cottonwood Canyon and camped a few days at the Redman campground. We ate lots of food, even if it was at 9 at night.

We played kickball until Kent popped the kickball and it turned into fat bat tennis ball.


We hiked around Silver Lake, saw some ducks including a baby, and climbed some pretty impressive rocks.







It was a beautiful campground with a river/stream running through it. I believe everyone slept well with the stream in the background (except me...I think it sounds like a fuzzy TV channel and all night long I keep wondering why someone wouldn't change the channel!) Grandma brought the best camping craft ever. All the kids, sans the babies, whittled their own walking stick and Grandma brought leather, feathers and beads to decorate them. Even Kent got in on that action...he's a kid at heart. The kids really took their time to make them their own. They loved it. Even Adam tried really hard to make it all by himself. Many of us offered to help him and he shot us all down.





Thanks for the good times family. It was great!

p.s. I have lots of pictures so if anyone (who went camping with us) wants them let me know and I can get them to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new baby!!! Very exciting news.

Aubrey A said...

Ah fun! I think I might have to steal that walking stick idea. What a great time!!!