The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Monday, July 16, 2012

Mud Flaps Rule!


This past Saturday I did something that goes against all my standards of cleanliness. I participated in a mud run. I'm not sure how long they have been around, but this is the first year I have heard of it. So, without hesitation I signed up. They set it up at the Throttle 215 motor cross park in Rose Park. The track was already there, they just muddied it up. I spent the morning wading, jumping into and over, trudging threw, slipping in, swinging over, crawling through, splashing down in and throwing a lot of mud. It was hilarious fun. Although I loved making fun of the relay teams that were super intense, and in it to win it, I think my favorite part of the race was killing it on the monkey bars. Not once, twice, thrice, but four times. I was amazed! I haven't done monkey bars since middle school. Probably because I haven't seen any that are taller than me, but it was still amazing. I ran the 3 member relay race with Stephanie and Janae. We had a mud in places mud should never be. Good times! I will definitely do it again next year.

Before the madness

After the madness

I'm just starting my first lap. Not looking too dirty yet.
My favorite obstacle was crawling under the chicken wire. This is Janae doing it!

Wading in the bog
The giant mud slide where I drank a lot of muddy water. YUCK!
Heidi Rocking the monkey bars
Getting muddy
 
My two biggest fans
The boys battling while I was playing in the mud

Seth waiting for his turn
Seth, where's your shoes?

Oh, they're stuck in the mud!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow I am way impressed. I don't know if I could handle getting that dirty.

Aubrey A said...

You are better than I. I'll never understand the need to run through mud. . .but I think it's awesome that you did it. :)

superhey said...

Yup, I definatly would have ruined my shoes. Sigh, looks like super fun. Sorry I woosed(is that how you spell it?) out on you. I'd like to give those monkey bars a run for their money!