The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer in thirds-part 1 of 3

I'm sure this is happening to all of you as well. The summer has flown by so far. The middle will begin to get slower, and then the last third will seem to never end. School will not get here fast enough, I am sure of it! However, The summer is 1/3 over and I think we have crammed in some pretty fun stuff.
First of all, baseball season ended and both boys teams had horrible seasons. However, Adams team fought back in the tournament and ended up in third place. It was really fun to see him succeed. He likes baseball because it isn't a full contact sport. He doesn't like being pushed around so he excels at it. Noah tried out for and made the Centerville B all-stars team. The most exciting thing for him was he got his first jersey with his name on it! 
  
 We've already had many lemonade stands so the boys can earn a little spending money. We live on a road where a lot of people walk/bike/run/and drive by, so they do pretty well. My favorite moment was when the boys were selling lemonade and otter pops and this huge water/crane type truck pulls up and stops in the middle of the road. Other cars were having to drive around this huge truck. I couldn't help but get my camera and take a picture of Noah stretching as tall as he could get to give this huge guy his pink and green otter pops. It was so cute. 




 Adam turned 7...I will make a post just for that later. His birthday lasted all week, and we did a lot of fun stuff.


My volleyball team landed in last place at the end of our session. We only won one game the entire session. We entered the tournament in dead last. We were at the bottom. Do you understand what I am trying to say? We didn't do well. We  played our hearts out in the tournament, and miraculously we ended up playing in the final match to win the whole thing. Just kidding this is life, not Hollywood. We lost, but it was so fun to actually fight our way back. Yeah! That was my "go mom" moment.

We went to my first REAL game. The boys have all been before, but not me. It was crazy loud and more fun for me to watch all the fans than the game, but that's how I roll. I'm a people watcher.

I hit a home run in out stake softball tournament!

Ben turned dum, dum, dum...35! AHHHHHHH! Ain't he cute!

Carly got baptized.

Couple of camp outs. I will post them later because there are a lot of photos. 

Anyway, you get it, we've been having fun! I will report on the second third after it has happened. Hope your summer has been fun for the first third as well!  

2 comments:

Aubrey A said...

Your house is the perfect spot for selling lemonade & otter pops! I'm sure you're boys are RAKING in the dough!!! Awesome!! And I'm with you, the first part of summer has raced by. I know August will last forever (for a myriad of reason). "Boo" to August!!!

Becky said...

Summer is busy, Logan had a great time at Adam's party. I need to take Logan to a soccer game I think he would love it and Happy Birthday Ben.