The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Completed with flying colors

While pondering what resolutions I want to embark upon this year I thought about ones I set for last year and checked up on myself to see if I had accomplished any of them. Of course there are a couple that were complete failures, but one was completed with flying colors. I had a goal last year, like many people do, to lose weight. My goal was to lose 30 lbs. I actually lost 40 lbs. by the end of the year, but here is how I did it. I ate good food, and I had to run. I hated the actual act of running, but loved the results that I got. I loved entering races with my sister, and trying to beat my personal best. It was a good deficit to have so that I can hopefully not make it into the 200 lb range with this pregnancy.

Before the swiss days race in Midway.
Swiss Days after the race

She sure does look stupid, but she's dry!

It was really cold and rainy so Stephanie stopped at an Albertson's on the way to the race to see if we could buy some ponchos. The store was all out of them, but this cute old Hispanic woman working there took a trash bag and cut out holes for our heads and arms. She said she makes them for herself all the time so she can walk to her car without getting her hair wet.

Steph and I also ran the "Love Your Body" race. She won a medal. I was glad because she runs a lot faster than me and at Swiss Days she refused to run ahead. I convinced her to go for it at this race and she did!

"Love Your Body" Race before.
"Love Your Body" race after.
 The funniest part of this race was after when everyone was leaving. Their food tables were still stocked with treats. Good ones too. Fruit and Loft house cookies. Steph and I didn't even talk about it we just looked at each other and slowly moseyed over to the table, quick checked over our shoulders, and grabbed what we could and ran! W met at a nearby tree and planned the closest exit and ran to our car. We were laughing so hard that I peed my pants a little. Who knew it was so funny to lift groceries from a race. We totally recovered our entry fees in food.
"Love Your Body" race Loot!

We also trotted in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. It was a fun run but my results never came in and even though I beat Heather by 1 second she won a pie and I didn't. It was crappy!

The starting line. Melanie walked with the babies and we ran.
  
See how there is no pie in my hands?
This is how we feel about the Rec Centers way of keeping time! Get a better system for crying out loud!


One of my last goals was to finish a half marathon before the race season was over. I trained and finished the halloween half marathon. It was hard, but a blast to sit in a freezing cold tent for 4 hours before the race. We did see this cool guy dressed like the joker though. It freaked me out!
Halloween marathon before picture
Isn't he soooo creepy? His hair was even greasy and green like the real Joker.


Halloween Marathon After picture-with our medals!





1 comment:

Aubrey A said...

You look AWESOME! Good for you!! Have I said how much you freaking AMAZE me? You'll rock this pregnancy for sure!