The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Horsley Christmas 2012



Our Christmas break this year was full of Christmas concerts, Family parties, food, friends, sledding, and lots of fun. There was absolutely no homework, but we still read and practiced math facts. Anyway, it was a great holiday and I am glad to have Ben back to work and kids back to school today. Here are a few pictures of what we were up to...
I made a cute ugly Christmas Sweater cake for a friends party we went to.

Adam sings in the school choir and they had their Christmas performance outside this year at the Farmington crossing. It was cold and not a big enough venue for everyone who wanted to be there, but Adam sang wonderfully! (Sorry the pictue is bad. My flash was on and it didn't need to be)

We had to go to Costco on Christmas Eve to get oil. Ben wanted to fry a turkey and of course left it to the last minute. I could not believe how many people filed out of there with 1-6 bags of those rolls that Costco sells. They are ok if you make them into a sandwich, but to serve them as your dinner rolls for Christmas is disgraceful if you ask me. Almost every 3rd cart had those yucky rolls in them. Anyway, we stopped for some lunch and this picture is classic. No one looking but me! I'm so pretty!   
Never in his life has Noah sat on Santa's lap. He wasn't about to start this year either.
This picture is the boys waiting to see what Santa brought. Ben is of course teasing them and the anticipation is killing them. I think it is so adorable.
Ben loves to make the boys wait. They were losing their minds. See behind them, Ben took the time to make the bed, after making them wait until 8, among other personal hygiene tasks that were completed before he let them go downstairs. Just cruel! He really enjoys it!
Seth and Adam got a couple of these wiggle cars. They are fun!
Jo got a slim Jim. Out of all the gifts he got he was most excited about his Slim Jim, and his brothers wiggle car.

Adam and his loot

Noah got some new Basketball shoes and some other good stuff.

Ben got an old fashioned phone receiver that you can plug into your iphone. Kind of silly I think!
The best news of all is that we shared with our family and friends that we will be welcoming another pair of shoes to our family. I am due July 12, 2013. I am very excited to add to our cute line-up of boys. Yes, I predict another boy.

Seth was so exhausted that he fell asleep waiting for Christmas Dinner to be ready to eat!
We hope all of you enjoyed your Christmas as much as we did and have a very good new year!


2 comments:

Aubrey A said...

Merry Christmas Horsley clan!! That ugly-sweater cake is awesome! At first glance I thought it was a real ugly-sweater! :) And congrats once again on your new bundle of joy! I'll laugh when you have a girl. :)

Brad Hyde Family said...

Congrats Heidi! So excited for you! You won't know what to do if it's a girl--give me a call I'll fill ya in!...