The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Road Trips Rock!

We received an invitation via e-mail in September last year for Bens family reunion in Nauvoo. At first we thought there was no way we would be able to go, but upon further discussion we decided that it was a great reason to go. So we planned it and hopped in the car last week to drive the 18 hours (ish) to get to Nauvoo. We decided to make it a double trip and take the northern highway home and stop at Mt. Rushmore because lets just be honest... when are you ever going to go to South Dakota. We really enjoyed our trip and the kids drove suprisingly well for the trip.Nauvoo and Carthage Jail were great experiences and I hope that the kids, well at least Noah, felt the spirit while we were there learning about Joseph Smith and the pioneers. The temple is amazing! We loved spending time there. Mt. Rushmore was completely incredible and I think that everyone should go and spend a few days there. I wish we could have stayed a few days. They have a whole city created around the monument with all the fun shops.

3 comments:

Wrays said...

I love road trips. I cant wait to beable to take one again. But i have to wait I think till my girls are a little older. I will miss you. I sure wish I came over more to see you. Please call me. Oh and if you get this message lol befor friday come go to lagoon with us. My Cousin is going and she has a son Noahs age. They would have fun. I dont know your number, So lol I need it. I love you guy's

The Showalters said...

How fun! I wondered where you were.

Caroline said...

What a fun trip! We tried to make a road trip out of our drive to Colorado last month, but all we could find along the way was a giant Lincoln head and the largest gas station in the world. Yippee! We'll have to try Mt. Rushmore one of these days. Sounds fun.