The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

You gotta have Faith

I know, I know, I know I totally missed the opportunity to post about the new baby in our family, Faith Elizabeth Horsley. She is a complete miracle, and joy in my life. No one, least of all me, ever thought I'd have a girl. However, here she is.

She is beautiful. She was born July 11, 2013. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 1 oz and was 21 inches long. (The exact measurements of Noah) She has really long feet, toes and fingers. Her toes are my favorite. I don't know how they have nails on them because they are so small. 



Just like Noah she was born with lots of dark hair. Perhaps it will grow out blond and have reverse tips like Noah did.


The boys all love her and are willing to hold her if I need to go to the bathroom or make lunch. Adam is especially in love with her and willing to help. Which is funny because he was the one who was disappointed when I found out she was a girl. Now he's singing a different tune. At the hospital, I had to set a timer so Adam and Noah would take turns holding her. They weren't willing to share her otherwise.






My mom bought her this cute tutu skirt and I put it on her on Sunday. When Josh came home from church he says, "Mom, you put on your babies pretty princess?" Yes son, I put on her princess. 


Josh hasn't grasped a couple of concepts yet. He calls her a him and a brother. He says "your baby" or "that baby" when he refers to her. I don't think he's quite ready to claim her as his sister.

 We are all so excited to have her here. She is a very calm and sweet baby who sleeps pretty well so far and eats like a rock star. She loves to cuddle and be held by anyone who will pick her up. Now that she is a week old I am finally introducing her to you. Faith, we love you and wish you good luck being in the Horsley family. 

3 comments:

superhey said...

I'm sorry I haven't been to meet her yet. I can tell she is bringing out the softer side in those boys! Love her and love these pictures.

Aubrey A said...

She is super cute! Thanks for letting me hold her for a few hours on Sunday. She is a perfect little girl!

Brad Hyde Family said...

Absolutely Beautiful Heidi! Congratulations to you and your family! We had a conversation once about how you didn't have a clue with little girls and me with boys-I'll give you tips anytime-I think I've got them pretty figured out!