The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm the worst mom ever


I took Tiny in for her 6 month check up and it was made clear to me that I'm not doing so hot as a mom. You'd think mother of 5, I'd know how to take care of a baby. I knew she was small, but she's happy. I'd nurse her and she wouldn't cry like she was still hungry. What do babies do when they are hungry? Cry. She doesn't look unhealthy, or sick. I will get to the point. She weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. at birth and at 6 months she's at 12 lbs. 15 oz. Uhhhhhh, I know. Only gaining 5 lbs. 14 oz. in 6 months is NOT GOOD! Not even a pound a month. That put her in the 5th percentile. Have you ever heard of that? Or seen a baby like that? I haven't. Ever! You can guess what happened the second the visit to the doctor was over. I bought formula, baby food, and tons of baby snacks to chunck up that baby. I tried nursing and then offering her a bottle for extra calories for about 2 weeks but found that she didn't have patience to nurse when she could have the free flowing bottle. So I strapped the girls and closed up the skim milk shop. It feels good really. Not having to worry about being the sole food supply. 

Ok, ok I'm done ranting, but you can imagine my shock. She is so cute though. She can hold toys, eat her toes, babble, roll over, and she loves to laugh. Especially with Seth. I don't know what it is about him, but she adores him. He's her favorite brother right now. 

All of her stats at 6 months are:
Weight- 12 lbs. 15 oz. (5%)
Height- 26 in. (50.75%)
Head- 16.3 in. (10.25%)


3 comments:

Aubrey A said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! She seems happy and thriving--despite not being fat. All my nieces have been smaller than any of their "boy" counterparts. Isn't that what we want for our girls? Haha. ;) I think she's beautiful and you amaze me with everything that you do for your family & for everyone else. If there was an award given for the best mom ever--I definitely think you'd be in the running. :)

superhey said...

That's exactly what happened with Leo! So I guess I'll join the worst mom club too! Don't worry, formula will do wonders for her and for you too!

superhey said...

That's exactly what happened with Leo! So I guess I'll join the worst mom club too! Don't worry, formula will do wonders for her and for you too!