The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

104 acts of kindness

This year I have many goals. I hope to write about them all on this blog because I treat it as my journal. Last year I wasn't so on top of it, but I pledge to do better this year. The one that I am most excited about is my goal to do 2 mindful, but random acts of kindness. That means I'm going to plan my randomness. 52 weeks-2 acts a week= 104 acts of kindness. This being the 7th of January marks the end of week one. I am going to report my acts so that I can keep track of them for myself. My memory isn't good these days. 

1- I left some change and a note on the soda machine at Dick's market. Hopefully the next person who comes to get a drink will be excited and greatful to get a free drink.



2- I went to Iggy's with a friend last Saturday. Our waitress, Jennifer was amazing! She brought us items that weren't on the menu. Always kept our drinks flowing. Offered to-go cups for our drinks and sauces. Who offers to let you take your drink with you? Impressive, I know. She brought us an extra loaf of bread to take home because my friend  told her she loved it. She didn't ask for the bread, Jennifer just brought it out for her. She went way above and beyond so I thought I'd say thanks in a way that only a customer can say thanks to a server. I gave her a large tip. Way more than Ben would be okay with me giving her. (Just kidding Ben, you're not cheap.) big enough to make her smile I hope!

It's been fun so far. My hope is that my kids will see me doing this and want to do it too. No one can ever be too kind.

1 comment:

Aubrey A said...

What a good idea! I bet you made that waitress' day. :)