The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just canning the night away!

I love the fall because of all the yummy food that we get to pick and can/freeze. This year I was so excited to have a ton of tomatoes in my own garden so I canned some yummy cilanto lime salsa! Then I had so many left over that I canned some crushed tomatoes.
My family loves fresh corn on the cob so every year we freeze our own corn off the cob.
My mom found a steal of a deal on strawberries so we froze some strawberries too.
I got myself some of my favorite fruit in the whole world and even though they were quite sour this year I canned some peaches. Hopefully they will sweeten up in their simple syrup.
Last I have plans to scour my sisters grape vines for what I can find and juice some grapes. The bad news in she said her husband cut them way back last year so she isn't sure what is left. I am going to go and see what we can find sometime in the next couple of weeks.
So fun to have yummy fresh tasting food all winter!
ca

3 comments:

Aubrey A said...

Ah, what a beautiful sight! Gotta love fall!!

Brad Hyde Family said...

Look at you, you domestic diva! I need to find time to do all that-it looks divine!

Kimmy Sunshine said...

Looks yummy! I loved making salsa and pie filling with you, it was ever so fun.