The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering September 11, 2001

I am just sitting here remembering where I was and how I felt that day. We were moving and Bens mom was coming over to our house to give us something. I was unpacking and Ben runs into the room throwing cables everywhere yelling like a mad man things like, "I have to set up the TV!" "We have to watch the news!" "My mom just called and said something about how there was a plane that crashed into the twin tower. She said it may be an attack on the US." I remember thinking to myself that she was crazy and there was no such thing happening in the USA. Who would dare attack us? By the time we got the TV hooked up the second tower was hit and I remember sitting in front of the TV the rest of the day watching the burning buildings, then the Pentagon, and then the other plane that was taken over by the crew and passangers. What kind of fear and courage those people must have felt. I remember sitting in front of the TV for like 2 weeks straight watching the events unfold. I would stop watching long enough to shower, eat, and go to work, where I would just sit and watch it there too. My boss didn't care cause he and everyone else was sitting and watching as well. What a horrific day. Almost 2000 people died. I am just remembering.

1 comment:

Harding Family said...

I like hearing stories like that from people who were in the US. It seems very surreal to me even today because I was on my mission. I dont' think I will understand the magnitude of it all. But, I still remember that day and kind of feel grateful that I was spared that horror and anxiety. Is that bad? Thanks for sharing, sis. Love ya.