The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2010 Republican Convention

Ben is running for the Legislature and we spent a lot of time the past couple months preparing for this one day. This final event...2010 Convention. Thanks to everyone who came and helped Ben. He really appreciates it.
Ben gave a great speech even though he was nervous and rushed it a little. He and subsequently I were up until 2 a.m. the previous night practicing and trying to perfect it.

Ben ended up going to a Primary Election with another candidate so we are campaigning again until July.  Speaking of campaigns one of our favorite parts of the convention were all the campaign signs. The pictures don't do it justice. You had to be there to believe all the signs that were literally everywhere. They started miles down the road from the school. There was even one hanging from the scoop of a tractor. The boys loved to play with, climb on and knock over all the signs.

I am glad it is over, but dred the Primary. Good Luck Ben!

2 comments:

The Showalters said...

Horsley for President!

Aubrey A said...

I don't know if I should be happy about this or not. I mean, I know it's Ben's life-long dream to be a politician (why though is beyond me) but doesn't it also squelch your dream of a new house for a while? Either way I guess a good hardy "CONGRATULATIONS" is in order. :)