The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Weekend 2010

Let's just be frank here, Easter weekend was crazy this year. I did have an epiphany though, I think Easter is my new favorite holiday. Our Saturday had a little bar-b-q and easter egg hunt with our friends the Simmons. It was yummy and fun.



Then during Priesthood I took my kids to Carinas house for Birthday festivities for my nephew Drew. The poor kids birthday was on Conference Sunday and Easter this year, so we celebrated on Saturday. We went to Golden Corral, then back to thier house for cake and presents, then off to the Kearns Oval for ice-skating.

This was an adventure. I had never been there so it was fun to walk the halls that the olympians walked. Noah cried and wanted to leave until I forced/dragged him to go around the rink twice. When he was done with me torturing him (that's how he was acting; we even had two employees of the ice rink ask if he was okay and if he needed an ice-pack) he was fine and loved it. Adam picked up one of their walkers that slide over the ice and took off. He didn't need me. Then the Olympic mascot from the Canada games "Powder" was there handing out candy and skating with the kids. That was so cool to see him. He even had a little body guard skating with him. After the initial hour the kids loved it and it was a lot of fun.



Then we went back to Carinas and colored easter eggs, and filled 265 plastic eggs for the enormous egg hunt at my moms house on Sunday. It was ridiculous, but fun! On Sunday we had Easter morning with Baskets and a big breakfast and watched conference.


Then we went to my moms house in between sessions and had lunch and the hunt.






We had to get a little bit tricky hiding the eggs because the older kids needed a challenge. Hence, the ladder. Then my sister did our 2nd annual adult easter egg hunt. It was good prizes and fun had by all. By the way, who ended up with the giant canister of cheeseballs??

And I have to end this post with the cutest picture of my adorable nephew, Bennett, who climbed into the tote that holds the 265 plastic eggs that we fill every year. He loves Easter too!

2 comments:

Aubrey A said...

Evan and Noah are so similar! That must be why they're such good friends!! Evan did the exact same thing that Noah did when I took him ice skating at the Olympic Oval with his school. I had to force him to go around the second and third time. After that he caught on and wanted to keep going even after I wanted to stop. Crazy kids!
Oh and Evan said: "That kid (Bennett)hit the motherload!" What an awesome picture!! Looks like you had a crazy but awesome weekend too!!

Carina said...

That was a crazy weekend. I cant believe I made it through all of it! I need you to send me an email with the pictures of my family you posted so i can scrap them please?