The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The longest post ever...continues

I totally forgot that on our drive home from California Ben and I decided to take a side trip. (We did that to Mt. Rushmore on our way home from Nauvoo last year, too. I wonder if we are going to be known as the family who takes side trips on vacation? Huh?) We stopped at the Hoover Dam. The boys thought it was so cool how high we were, and of course Noah recognized it from Transformers. Before we got there Adam asked me if Megatron was going to be there, and if they were able to fix the Dam. We promptly had a real vs. fantasy conversation.
We also took one of the Dam tours that they let kids go on. We got to go underground to see the original water tunnel that they dug to divert the river water to build the dam, and some of the Nevada side turbines. The best part of the trip though was teaching the boys what it meant to be afraid of heights...and promptly making fun of Ben who stayed inside the museum claiming that Seth needed to stay inside because he was going to jump. Ok Ben, thanks for saving Seths' life.

1 comment:

Aubrey A said...

You got to see the dam turbines!! I love the dam turbines!! When we went (when I was younger) we walked around saying look at that dam (insert item here). We found ourselves HILARIOUS!! I wouldn't mind going again one day as long as Hayden was outfitted with a parachute. He would jump from the top of the dam, I know it!!
Oh and I love the last picture of your boys. Adam looks thrilled!