The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Horsleys take Anaheim aka Quite possibly the longest post ever!

We just had the best family vacation ever! This is the 3 boys squished in the back seat so they can all watch the 7 inch TV screen. That was fun for all but Seth was mad because he couldn't hold the TV.

We met lots of special people on our trip. Adam refused to pose with any of them except for Mater and Lightning Mcqueen. Both boys absolutley refused to be seen in a picture with Tinkerbell, and were even upset that I made them wait in line to see her, so Seth and I met her.



Our top 11 rides (in no particular order) were:
1-Space Mountain (the picture is a picture of the screen with the picture that they take with you on the ride)
2- Matterhorn
3- Splash Mountain
4- Teacups (except Ben who refused to ride)
5- Thunder Mountain Railroad
6- California Screamer
7- Roger Rabbit (the boys...not me...that ride makes me dizzy, and it's weird...hmmp, just like the movie!)
8- Seth LOVED Finding Nemo
9- Bear River run (which puts rattlesnake rapids to shame)
10-Toy Story Mania
11-The boats and cars at Legoland.


I bet you're wondering if there were any rides that we didn't like...and the answer is yes! There were also a few that we did like, but didn't make the top 11. Also notice how Ben is in all the pictures except for the teacups and I happened to fall in the picture on Nemo with Seth...typical.

The other fun thing that happened at Disneyland was Adam got to do the Jedi Training. He was so excited, and actually got to fight Darth Vader. He was just beaming at the end, it was so cute. That was priceless, and only Disneyland can give that to a kid.
We got to spend a couple of days with Bens Brother, Guy and his family. We saw the Angels play the Yankees at Angel Stadium, and went to the beach. Dana will truely appreciate the picture of her and her boys lounging in the sun...I couldn't help myself. You looked so cute! The picture of Noah looked like he was modeling swimwear or something. Anyway, we played in the sand, the boys played football, we swam (or waded...it was quite cold), sunbathed, read, relaxed, and saw a dead sea lion that washed up on the beach.

We also went to Legoland and you have seen some pictures above. I absolutley loved it there. There were two story tall dragons, and an Einstein head made entirely of legos! I mean, how can you not enjoy that feit of engineering? The rides are lame in comparison to Disneyland, but there is a part of the park that is cities made of legos. I loved San Francisco, Las Vegas, New York City, and Coit Tower (just for you Harding). They had little people on the streets, and cars, busses, and trolleys that actually moved. It was diorama heaven! Legoland was fun for a day because my boys love legos, but I'm glad
 we only spent a day there. The magic truley is at Disneyland.

All in all it was a great trip and the boys just loved it. The first three days were cold and rainy so we never stood in line more than 10 minutes. It was great to be able to pretty much go on any ride as many times as you wanted to. I hope that we made some good memories with our kids. Next time will probably be in 2012...unless the world ends by then.

4 comments:

The Showalters said...

SO FUN!!!

Aubrey A said...

Ooh, sign us up for the 2012 trip!! That will be a great age for all the boys to go! My boys were dying over Adam getting to fight Darth Vadar! Plus Evan was really excited that you got to go to a "repeat of the World Series!!" It looks like so much fun! Seriously if you're looking for vacation buddies in 2012, we're there (even if you're not we might be there anyway)!!

Mel said...

We just got back from Disney World!! How funny! My boys LOVED the Jedi training too! They said that was the best part. Glad you all had fun! It was fun to check out your pics! You are soo good with that! I'm such a slacker!

Natalie said...

Wow, I think that WAS the longest post I have ever read:)
HOW FUN! I am so gealous, I love all of the pictures, that was a good LONG post.

Let me know if you still want to do swimming lessons,with Jeri Egget I think the sign ups are soon.
I need your boys ages, well, just email me nataliek927@hotmail.com and I will try to get you info.