The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Noah was baptized

Noah made the choice to be baptized. He turned 8 the end of December. A few days before his baptism I was talking to him about what it means to be baptized. We talked about covenants, the Holy Ghost, testimony, repentance, the whole deal. He answered all the questions correctly and seemed to be aware of what he was getting himself into. I tucked him into bed and went downstairs to clean up before I went to bed too. 
Later, I went up stairs and found a note on my side table from Noah. After our chat he decided to write down his testimony and give it to me. The note read:
The thing that God has helped me with.
One day I went to the store with my dad. I went to the bathroom, he went to pick up medicine for me. So when I was done I went to the part of the store where they sell medicine. For a little while I was still sitting there. So I started to walk around, I still could not see him. So I went to a spot where no one was and I started to pray and then 2 minutes later I see my dad.  I was so happy to see him and that is one of the reasons I know the Savior lives.
Lets just say I cried. What a sweet spirit he has. He is truly aware of his Heavenly Father and yearns to feel His spirit in  his every day life. He taught me a lesson of what faith is. 
I hope he continues to feel this way about the gospel and strengthen his testimony. We love him so much.

4 comments:

Aubrey A said...

What a precious note! Hold on to that one. It will be good for both you and him to look back on one day. Congratulations Noah! What an awesome decision.

Becky said...

What a great kid.

Mel said...

Congrats to Noah!! and Happy Belated Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Oh my sweetness. What an amazing little man you have there!