The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Monday, January 31, 2011

One Derby down. . . 19 to go.

Noah participated in his first Pinewood Derby this past week. He had fun designing and making his car with Ben. It didn't do very well racing, but I think they both learned a lot about what they want to do next year. I don't really get it, but it was fun for the boys. The fascination and competition that boils up in these males doesn't make much sense to me. I would rather be in the kitchen baking a pie.

Noah designed it as a lightning bolt

sizing up the competition

3, 2, 1, GO!!!
 

4 comments:

Becky said...

boys are crazy, I am with you just let me bake. I love his car.

Aubrey A said...

Very nice car! I'm sure Evan's car will be interesting as well. :) I think it's kind of fun to watch them race. I also like the idea of building something out of a block of wood, but I'm strange like that. :P Way to go Noah (even if you didn't win)!!

Carina said...

Yeah but did Ben go to the hobby store and by book(s) on how to and secret tips for your derby car? That is way over the top if you ask me.......BTW you can borrow it for next year if you want :D

April and Jared Fenn said...

super fun! Looks like you guys are adjusting well to the new ward. :)