The Horse Heads

The Horse Heads
We’re going to be your favorite family

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My favorite things 2011 Edition - Day 2

One of my all time favorite things to do is to eat out. Ever since I got my first job at McDonalds, I not only loved to eat there on my break, but anywhere I could go to try something new. It's hard with kids to eat anywhere but McDonalds, but I try my hardest. Eating out has it's own category in my budget, and I always include it on date night.

My Favorite thing # 9
Restaurants, Restaurants, Restaurants!

I want to express appreciation for my long time favorite and my new favorite of 2011. 
My long time favorite is Corbins Grill. They have delicious steak and seafood! I also love their mushroom risotto, it is a creamy delicious sin that will leave you feeling guilty for eating the whole plate. They offer cooking classes that I hope to someday take part in. So great!



My new favorite place is Cantina Southwestern Grill. There is only one location and there defiantly should be more locations. I love cheap Mexican food, but I feel that in the last 10 years or so all the places that I used to love are not so great anymore. This place is awesome! It has meat that doesn't taste like it has last weeks leftovers that have been reheated 7 times. It has wonderful customer service. My very favorite thing about it is the chips and salsa bar. WHAT? That's right they have 9 different home made salsas, my favorite being the avocado cilantro, and a chip warmer full of warm chips that you can help yourself to as many as you want. It is wonderful! If anyone wants to try it I will be happy to go with you!



4 comments:

Becky said...

I will have to try it, I am breaking into the stake eating thing and need good places to eat.

superhey said...

Both sound delish! Where's Cantina? I've heard someone else rave about the salsa bar and now I might just have to try it.

Aubrey A said...

Yum yum! I can't wait to try out the Cantina! Guess I'll have to put Corbin's on the menu too. :)

Heidi #1 said...

Cantina is on Main street in Layton. Let's add it to Mandarin for our date nights. When are we going BTW?